Friday, March 20, 2009

New Superhero of the Future...

Meet our newest Superhero, otherwise known as "Larryboy". For those of you who know Veggie tales, you will understand (for those of you who don't you should, they are hystarical). This morning we were trying to get out the door when Sam ran to the closet and insisted that he was Larryboy. The pictures below are the results of his designer costume (note the socks on his hands and the brown cordoroys are really super suction ears). He states that he wants to help get the bad guys and have Jesus "switch their hearts" so they will be good! I think he is hilarious, and yes, I know, he is totally a pastors kid!!! I love the look of "don't mess with me on this first picture and the pose of "I'm sooooo cool" on the second.



Yesterday we were in the car on our way to bible study when he got very serious in the back seat. He said, "mom, I want Jesus to switch my heart". I'm thinking wow, that is so cool. Then he says that he wants to be a good guy because he was a mean guy before..."like a soilder" (he thinks soilders are mean because they have guns). "Now I want to be nice mommy".
I asked, "Do you love Jesus?"
"yes, mommy."
"Do you love God? (he has said that he loves Jesus, but not God in the past)"
"yes, mommy."
"Are you sorry for doing things that aren't good?"
"yes, mommy."
"Are you sorry for not listening to mommy (had to get that one in there)"
"yes mommy."
"I think that is wonderful Sam, Jesus is really happy with you."
"I know mommy."
Talk about assurance of salvation! I know he is only four and will go through many questions about faith in his life, but I love that he thinks about Jesus and wants to do what he says. I pray it will continue. He is our future evangelist (go see him preaching on youtube).
Blessings all,
laurie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this boy. Please tell me that he wore that out of the house.

You know, Andy likes kids but he loves his own. He likes other peoples kids to be other peoples kids. Sam is the first child of someone else that he has said he would be happy to have as his own son.