Monday, March 16, 2009

First Thoughts of a 35 Year Old

Darcy will be sooooooo proud of me I made two posts today. My birthday was a nice one. I went to Scootis din bootis with Sam (otherwise known as gymnastics, hoppis o skootis in Swedish). Then I relaxed until my party. My poor husband was a little stressed, thank you love. He had downloaded some country music to make me feel like I was back in Kentucky and made a slide show and a quiz about me. It was fun. We had about 20 people come, there were a lot of people that were sick and couldn't come also (for all those people you can come and get some cake so I don't eat it all). Sam had several friends here, including Naomi (look at older posts). She played with Sam as much as she could. When it was time to leave Samuel gave her a big hug and then a kiss on the cheek, well she hugged and kissed him back - too cute. Her dad wasn't so happy about it so we will have to keep our eyes on those two.

Thank you for all of you that did come to the party and for those who called or emailed me to say happy birthday. It was very appreciated. My birthdays have always been hard here in Sweden. In Kentucky it was always Spring by my birthday and here it is still dark and cold, but the past two years have been pretty good. So thank you all for helping me make it special. Especially my wonderful husband.

There are a few pics below of the party. Enjoy.

Åsa, Naomi's mom, at the buffet. The pink roses were from mom and dad (beautiful).

This is our tough Polish/Swedish friend Mats (I like to call him by his Polish name,but I can't spell it) The sleeping one is Zoe, his daughter.
Samuel playing with Nikhil (friend) and Hannes (second cousin).

Around the table, I have no ideo what I am doing.


I think I may be playing with a balloon here. Or maybe that is my son, trying to get it in the picture. Samuel struggled a little bit with the fact that he was not getting the presents. But overall did really well. It is funny to listen to the kids play and to see which ones are bossy and which follow. Samuel stood up for himself quite well and in Swedish also! Andreas said he was really proud of him.


Again thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. I have to go a pick Samuel up now.
God Bless,
Laurie



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud!!!! It sounds like a lovely birthday! :)