Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Great Resource for Adoptive Families....

For all International adoptive families, homeschoolers, etc. I have a great resource for you. This is a new company that specializes in teaching guides, webinars and other materials that are country specific. It is specialized for different age groups, from children to adults. http://www.mybigblueplanet.org/ is the website. There is also http://www.mybigblueplanet.info/ for international companies that could use training services.

These sites were started by Kim Haney. She is a mother of 6, 3 of which have been adopted from Russia. She is also an accomplished lawyer, child advocate, home schooling mom, great friend, and a women seeking God's purpose in her life.

I am thrilled to see how this site has come into being. It is a new site so she would like to hear from adoptive parents, homeschooling parents and others about what countries they would really like the information on. She can always learn about and add countries to her educational materials. She is also doing webinars that are country specific and can be used for 2 hours *I think* of the educational hours that adoptive parents need to meet Hague requirements. I highly recommend this site, the material and the webinars. I am thrilled because she has a lot on Nepal, which is hard to find at this time.

So check it out and tell all of your friends, put links on your blogs. Then give her some feedback as to what you would like to see developed for other countries, etc. (I don't often endourse anything, so this is really good stuff in my opinion).

I have also added links on the right side of my blog that are helpful resources in international adoption.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: