Tuesday, March 31, 2009

10 Reasons....

Hello All, sorry for the silence. Things have been a bit busy here lately. Easter is coming and much more to do on the church calendar. However, Sweden is experiencing an early Spring so I thought I would try to do a ''10 Reasons You Know Spring is Coming''. I am refraining from calling it the ''top 10'' because frankly I am not that witty at the moment! Some of you may not understand the significance of some of the points, but if you have lived here,or had the privilage of knowing the culture, you''ll get it. For those of you who would like explinations, just let me know. So here goes my try...

10. The Swedish sky has turned from a grey to a blue (praise be to God!!!!).

9. People are actually out and about. (there is life here!!!)

8. People walk looking at the ground all the time in search of Tusi Lago (sp? - it's a spring flower here )

7. Clothes are coming in more colors than just black and grey.

6. You see tree branches with many color feathers in them for decoration. Cute idea and pretty, but it makes me laugh that adults do it. Looks more like a preschool art.

5. The Spring Witches are showing up everywhere (don't ask it's pretty weird).

4. The Swedes are all lined up, eyes closed, facing the sun (it reminds you of a sunflower field).

3. Kids can no longer sleep well because it is always light. (blackout shades are a must)

2. It snows, rains, and is warm and sunny all in the same day.

1. Those pesky seagulls are back, diving at everyone and protecting their eggs!

I hope that you were all greatly impressed by my list, just a few reflections that I had as I have been taking the dog for a walk. Sweden is really wonderful as it starts to shed it's winter clothes. I love to watch the changes. As Easter approached I pray that you all know the love of our Savior whom this season is for.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: