Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Few Thoughts - Seems Like That's All I Have Today

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello and recommend a movie. Last night I went to the movie store to rent Wall-E (at Samuel's request) and ended up renting ''The Bucket List'' also. Now renting a movie is always a toss up for me because I can look at the picture on the front, but since the text is in Swedish I am never really sure what the movie is about. I do try to read it and can make out a few things, but I am very careful as to what the front picture looks like (there is no back room in the Swedish video stores, it's all out for everyone to see). However, I figured since the picture was Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman we would be okay. It was a really good movie, sad though (ladies have a few kleenex around, but good). I recommend it. It has some great views of the Himalaya mountains (top of the world) and the top of Everest/Sargamatha.

I also recommend a movie called ''Blindsight''. It is more like a documentary. It is about a group of blind teenagers/adults from Tibet that go up into the mountains with a professional climbing team. It is interesting to hear about the beliefs of that region. Some of those same beliefs exsist in Nepal because there is a large Tibetan population.

We have had a Spring-like day here and Samuel and I have enjoyed it. He took his first ride on the scooter that Uncle Johan and Aunt Emma gave him for Christmas. A few wipe outs, but over all he did really well. Right now he is unhappy because he was told to clean up the disaster that is call a room. Have a feeling this may deteriorate because he is tired. I think early bedtime will come tonight.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: