Friday, March 20, 2009

Hug Me I'm German

I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday, but I wanted to make mention of something today. Years ago, when I was a nanny for some wonderful children (and you know who you are), an official day sprang up. This day falls on March 19th and it is officially, " Hug me, I'm German Day". You may ask, why this came about, well I will endulge you.

I had been sick and missed St. Patricks day with the kids, so on the day I came back I said to the oldest (she was about 11 or so), "kiss me I'm Irish". She gave me the strangest look and said back, "hug me I'm German". I think I laughed until I cried. She had no idea what was so funny, but then I explained. So from then on we have had the official, "hug me I'm German" day. So for all of you Germans, who missed this day, give someone a hug and don't forget next year.

Thanks Tori for the many years of laughter I continue to get out of this one.

love,
lala

1 comment:

Cydil said...

There's gotta be a t-shirt for that somewhere...