Friday, March 13, 2009

Last Thoughts of a 34 Year Old

Yes, it has finally happened. Today is the last of my younger 30's and tomorrow I have officially reached mid'30's. I have to laugh becasue I think it makes my mom feel older than it makes me feel. Have I really grown up? Can this be true? I sure don't feel like I am mid-30's or at least I don't feel like I thought I would when I was a teenager or in my 20's. It is amazing what seems old when you are a child compared to what seems old as an adult. I am sure to Sam I will be ancient when he realizes what age is. Andreas is throwing me a birthday party with a lot of friends and family. I will post pictures of that as soon as possble (just for you Darcy).

This past week has been an interesting one. Sam and I have been cooped up in the house most of the week because he didn't feel good. Anyone that has been around Samuel understands that he is not the cooped up sort of kid. Needless to say we were starting to drive each other crazy (that is not an exaggeration). Finally by Thursday he was better and today he went back to pre-school. That did a lot of good for the both of us.

During our time of sickness Samuel was watching a Veggie Tales video and asked me to sit with him on his bean bag. The pictures below show the result of that. This is how Andreas found us and I woke up as he was taking the pictures. It was quite sweet. When he woke up he looked at me and the first thing he said was, "I'm better". This is the child that fights a nap with all that he has. I gladly go into the nap with no problem what so ever (funny, huh?).


For those of you paying close attention, yes I have cut my hair. I have fringe again (otherwise known as banges). I haven't had those since I was in high school. Andreas wasn't sure what to think of me at first, but I think he will keep me afterall.
Please continue to pray for my mother in law. She is healing from her finger accident, but it is still painful and has more things to go through before it is all over.
Quick adoption update. We are working on paperwork and and hope to get all of it sometime in April. Still trusting the Lord that Nepal will work and this will happen. I actually bought a few girl clothes at the second hand store the other day. I couldn't help myself, they were brand new and very cheap. It made me realize how much I look forward to having a little girl (even though I am a bit scared of girls). We appreciate all of your prayers as we continue on this long journey.
God Bless you all,
Laurie


No comments: