Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trip to the US of A pt. 2

Sorry that the pictures are not great on some of these, but it was hard light. I was able to spend some time with friends while I was there. Below are some of those friends. The first one is a crazy man by the name of Andy Bowen. He and his wonderful wife are missionaries to Paraguay with WGM. He is a language teacher so the missionaries in the country can learn to speak the local dialect. He also disciples and wears many other hats that I could never explain enough to do justice. He is a good friend and I always enjoy his humor when we hang out. He was a little angry at me one day because I kidnapped his wife, but I think he forgives me now.


This picture is Tim and Cathy Bickert. They are holding their youngest Ethan (they have 3 other boys also. I will try to get them on here too). Tim is our "hunter" friend. He took Andreas out hunting with him once. As they were getting all of the gear on Tim started spraying something on Andreas' shoes. When Andreas asked what it was, Tim calmly replied, "Racoon pee, to keep the human scent away." Now I don't who actually has the job of retreiving the racoon pee, but I am pretty glad that is not my job!

This beautiful family are the Spencers. William Spencer (Spenc) and Heidi went to college with us. We have always felt a special friendship with them and tried our best to stay in touch with our many moves. Spenc is a chaplain in the US Airforce and Heidi is an amazing writer, but right now has taken the wonderful opportunity to stay home with the little ones. They have Lauren, Samuel, and Thomas. Thank you for coming to see me you guys. It was so good to be with you.

I love this picture. This is Timmy. He is the youngest son of Andy and Lizet Bowen (and has a personality similar to my Samuel's). As I said before the Bowen's are missionaries in Paraguay with WGM. When they went back to Paraguay 4 years ago. Andreas and I thought we may never see them again. So it was a special priviledge to be with them again. I am sad to say I didn't have a good picture of Lucas their other son. I need one Lizet, send it to me via email.

This is Lizet, a wonderful mom, wife and friend. Lizet, you never cease to amaze me in all that you do and handle in a day. I was so sad that we didn't get to say a proper goodbye, but I will take that as a telling sign that we are not to say goodbye and we will see each other again. I can never explain how much I miss this woman, but I am thankful to God for the times that I can be with her.

Cathy Bickert and her son Ethan. You're so pretty Cathy (inside and out), thank you for your time and sharing your heart with me. I always learn how to be a better friend when I am around you.

No comments: