Monday, October 05, 2009

Adoption Update

For all of you who have asked about our adoption, we are still waiting. I am actually doing really well with it. Having a child as we wait, knowing the process and most of all a God that has calmed my heart has done wonders for me. I do have moments when I see girl clothing or I see a picture of a Nepali child. I yearn for my little girl then, but overall I am good.

However, Samuel has not been happy with the wait. The other night he asked Jesus to get mad at the Nepali people because they were taking so long to let us have his sister. I tried not to laugh and cry at the same time. He has also come out with spontaneous prayers the he loves his sister and would like her to come home soon. Luckily he has no concept of time, so we are okay at the moment.

Right now is the most holy hindu holiday in Nepal, so nothing is going to happen now. I remember waiting throught October for Sam and being very anxious for their holiday to end. We will see how they work through the end of the year. I am thinking next year at this point. I realized the other day it had been a year since we started our homestudy. At a year with Samuel we were bringing him home. Back then it seemed so long and it was really nothing. Now it is so long and I am doing okay. Seasons change and we change from our experiences through God. Praise Him for His faithfulness!

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: