Monday, October 05, 2009

Samuel's Kid Party

Okay, here is some backlog on the blog. After Sam's family birthday party on Thursday, Sept. 10th. We were going to have a kid party on Sat., Sept. 12. However, on Friday Sam's preschool called me to say that he didn't feel well. When I got there to pick him up I quickly realized that he had developed a fever. So the kid party was cancelled. We finally arranged it on the next Friday. It worked out well. Samuel had a great time. He had about 11 kids come and of course he loved being the center of attention. (boy is he in trouble when he gets a sister). I especially want to thank Jennie Weaver for her wonderful cake creation. I have posted Jennie's cakes in the past and Samuel has wanted one of her cakes for his birthday (even though he doesn't really eat them). So Jennie graciously made him the wonderful Veggie Tale cake below. It meant a lot to Sam.

Now that Sam is 5, he has taken to saying things like, "when I was 4 and a little boy..." or "now that I am 5 I can..." It has been very interesting. He has learned to ride the bike that Farfar and Farmor gave him and he loves being in his new preschool now that I am in Swedish lessons. He also is way to good at Swedish for his own britches. He is now correcting my Swedish and finding words for me that I cannot. It is a very humbling experience. Overall his is doing really well, now that he is 5!!!

Enjoy the pics below,
blessings,
laurie


I am a knight of Alingsas, don't mind the girly ribbons and nevermind that my castle is a tent, it is my domain!

Legos, legos and more legos!!!!!

We had the party in the church, that way my house wasn't destroyed (I had the clean the church anyway). There were also boys and girls at his party (Samuel's choice).

Jennie is so talented. Sam still won't eat the characters (for those of you who don't know Veggie Tales from left to right are, Junior the asparagus, Larry the cucumber, and Bob the tomate). They looked exactly like the characters too.
I love the expressions on the faces.

1 comment:

Cydil said...

You're right! She did an AMAZING job on those Veggie Tale characters! What a cool cake, Samuel!