Monday, October 05, 2009

Andreas and I had a weekend to ourselves. Samuel spent the weekend with his grandparents. So we headed for the woods on Saturday to take a hike. This is the view of our favorite lake from the top of a hill. We found 3 liter of tagsvamp and 3 of kantereller on our walk (mushrooms). We also found a moose antler. It wasn't a huge one, must of been a young bull moose that lost it, but it is cool. Hey, Bickerts if you want it let me know maybe I can bring it home for you. This is the first time that we found an antler. We have always wanted to. Who knows why, just a cool thing I guess. At least we didn't run into the moose at the same time. However, Andreas reminded me that if we did, we had a weapon! Not really comforting! We did see a mamma moose and her calf and traces of the bull moose, but other than that not really eventful. I did get stuck in a bog for a minute. It is a weird feeling to go through the moss and not be able to get you foot back out. Andreas had to pull me out because my other foot was sinking too. Needless to say, I was a little gooey when we got home. But it was such a nice hike. We hiked about 6 to 7 American miles.
This is a type of mushroom, but you don't eat it. I just thought it looked like art. Soooooo cool.

A man and his dog!


No comments: