Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trip to the US of A pt. 1

I realized as I downloaded my pictures today that I really didn't take that many pictures and several that I should have taken, I just don't have any of. For those I don't have pics of, I am sorry. I stayed with my wonderful Aunt Judy and Uncle Marty. They spoiled me rotten (thank you). They cooked for me and made sure I got the food that I missed. I also got to spend quite a bit of time with them. I really enjoyed staying with them. Being with them also ment that I had access to my grandfather all the time. He lives in an apartment in Judy's house. So I got to eat most dinners with him, go to church with him, and go down and talk to him whenever I wanted (except during his naps). It was really good to be there with him. He is one of the main reasons I went home. I love listening to his deep voice and his great laugh. He has been the father figure in my life and the image of a life of deep love for Christ and Biblical studies. He wrote a book about 60 years ago that is still in print (Methodical Bible Study). Just last month, the second book about Biblical studies was sent to the publishers. Popo (my granddad) and Dr. Bower have been working on that one for a while. We will see what the publishers have to say. Popo is also working on other things that Andreas is very eager to see. Sometimes it amazes me to put Andreas up to Popo and realize that I married someone like my grandfather. Makes sense, and the Lord knew what a blessing it would and is to me. As always it was really hard to leave Popo, it always makes me feel like a little girl again, wanting the safety of his arms. I miss him already. I also got to spend a little time with my mom. Wish that could have been more, but she has to work a lot.

Another couple that I spent some time with was Nathan and Cydil Waggoner and their wonderful daughter Ellie. Nathan and Cydil are also in the adoption process for their second child from Albania. Cydil is an amazing photographer and Nathan can do just about anything technical. We all went to college together, but have formed a stronger friendships since after graduation and through our common ground in adoption. Together they run the WGM student center in Wilmore. They are truly amazing people. You can link to them through my blog. Thank you for your time (even though you don't have a lot to spare). It was so good to see Ellie and how she is flourishing. I will be praying for #2.

Below is Tim and Cathy Bickert's olderst son, Jonmark. He is great and is growing up too quickly. I love his sense of humor and of course he the oldest face of Tim Bickert.

I was able to spend time with Sue Lauter (mamma sue). Andreas and I lived in there basement for two years and Mamma Sue was such a blessing during that time and since. She is a great image of a Godly woman and grandma to a lot of children (including several in Africa). If you are in Wilmore and ever get a chance, go meet her, you will be happy you did.

I was able to go down to Mississippi and see and good friend Kim Haney (can't believe we didn't get a picture together). Kim is the founder of "My Big Blue Planet" (it is linked on my blog. It is an educational program for adoptive parents and kids around the world to learn about the world). I can never fully explain the extent of her dreams for Big Blue, but the Lord is moving is great ways and hopefully there will be children that are able to do more and go farther for the kingdom through this program. It is also good for adoptive parents to learn about the country that their child comes from. As well as Big Blue, Kim is a lawyer, is working on her second PhD., has 6 children (3 adopted from Russia), homeschools and has time for her friends. Yes, she has more energy than most of us put together and she is smart to boot. Kim I am so excited for your future as you follow the Lord's leading. Thank you for being a good friend. Below is Taylor. Kim's third oldest. The pictures I got of the kids were over-exposed but you could see this one good enough.

This handsome man with me is my cousin Matthew Seitz. Yes, girls he is single and a man of God. I will give out his number for a small donation to our adoption fund... (just kidding, but it would be a good fundraiser).

While in Mississippi I was also able to go to Celebration of Adoption. It is the annual event for the agency that I use to work with (New Beginnings, and yes, I am wearing a sarhi). I listened to Micheal Reagan (son of the late Ronald Reagan) speak and I was able to meet up with the contact that helps our the New Beginnings adoption program in Nepal, Bobby Adhikari. Bobby has done amazing work for the Lord in Nepal and is so helpful and hopeful for the orphans of Nepal. Bobby it was great to see you and I hope to see you soon again when we pick up our daughter. Thank you for the amazing work you do for the Lord. May the Lord continue to bless Nepal with a large harvest.

No comments: