Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday

Today is one of my favorite Sundays. I have always been interested by Palm Sunday and the fact that Jesus allowed the worship for the first and last time in his ministry. How he states that the rocks would cry out if the people did not, or how he weeps over Jerusalem and say that even you could have come to me.

Andreas preached on how the crowd went from adoration on this day to condemnation 5 days later. How they had an image of what they wanted Jesus to be, not what he actual was. That is what we do so often now. We have "our" Jesus. The one we want him to be and not who he actually is. Andreas challenged the congregation to meet the real Jesus and not what we try to make him. I think that is a great point and one that I have been looking at lately. Just thought I would share.

Samuel sang a little song for the church today during the children's time. That is pretty easy seeing that we have only two children currently. He has been waking up in the mornings saying he wants to go to church to worship. I think that is awesome. On Sundays he says that he wants to preach. Maybe one of these days he will. I know I am his mom, but I think he is great and amazing.

I hope that you all have a wonderful, worshipful Holy week. Wednesday is a deadline in our adoption. Please be praying. I am emotionally exhausted at this point and not as patient as I should be. I need to do better.

I wanted to let you all know that God's Littlest Angels in Haiti has posted a video of some of the babies they are caring for. It is an adorable video and a great blog: www.godslittlesangelsinhaiti.org/andlifegoeson They do an amazing ministry in Haiti and have saved many children's lives. I encourage you to check it out and pray for them.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: