Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More of the May Blogger Back Up

One Sunday in late May, Andreas decided that he wanted to see the ocean. It had been a while and the sun was up - when we started out, but then it became grey. Should have known that was going to happen. We kept going anyway. We went out to an island called Ockero. We use to spend a lot of time out there when we lived in Gothenburn in 2001-2003, but since we live in Alingsas it is too far to go very much. Above is the field that you see when you park at Lobster Bay (Hummersvik in Swedish). It is hard to tell, but the field was blooming and was very pretty.

The picture below is the bay. We walked out on the rock in the left of the picture to find a place with no wind that we could eat our snacks (really the only food we could find because everything was closed). The food consisted of Cheese balls, apple juice and trail mix. Not a bad dinner! Don't worry, we do feed Samuel better than that. (as you can see in the pic below, the sun was there, just covered a bit)
I love this picture of Sam. He is my little billy goat. He is amazing on these rocks. Just like Andreas. It scares me to death, but I did pretty well,. Sam actually got to explore without holding my hand. I am getting better, I just have mini heart attacks all the time and Andreas laughs at me.

The Kjernald men and their dog. So GQ!

The is the ferry that we had to take to get to and from the island. Samuel loved this! He may have enjoyed the ferry rides more than anything else. Tis the life of a child.

1 comment:

Cydil said...

Great photos! I could use with a relaxing day visiting an island, sunny sky or not! Ellie just looked over my shoulder and I said, "That's your friend Samuel, in Sweden." She said, "Sweeting." Pretty close.