Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We are working on the blog, I promise....

This is Samuel and Mariah Sallee taking a drive, sorry we don't know how to turn the picture.


Karen, Mariah, and Micah Sallee


Samuel at Shaker Town, Kentucky. Just being silly


This is Samuel with his Great Grandmother Wofford


I love this pic of Sam. He is at a playground on the Ichthus campgrounds.


Hello to all,


I am adding pictures of our trip across the US before we came to Sweden, as promised. We went from Mississippi to Kentucky to see the Sallees and then my family, the Waggoners and others for a week, then on to Ohio to see the Spencers. Then to Pennsylvania to see the Rhodes family, then on the Jersey where I was able to see my brother and meet his girlfriend (who I really liked). I don't think I can get all the pics in order, so please hang with me. Hope you enjoy the few pictures that my camera didn't erase.
Andreas is showing me how to work on the blog and post things. Maybe I will actually get a little more computer savvy. I did figure out how to get everything into English, thank you Cydil Waggoner for that tip. All is well here. Our stuff arrived from the USA last Wednesday, so needless to say my house is chaotic. I think it will be officially declared a disaster zone soon. Samuel really wants to help me unpack everything... that's all I've got to say about that.


The other morning my son decided that he wanted to play with my grandmother's crystal glasses instead of his toys. I am anywhere from 4-6 glasses short now. After I made sure he was okay, I was very angry! However my son is more important than crystal glasses, I had to keep telling myself that as I cleaned up the glass. It is true. Samuel has not like sharing my time with unpacking. He seems to have decided that now I am home, I am his. Most of the time that is fine, however, not all of the time can that be possible. At three years old it is a hard lesson to learn.


I am dealing with culture shock better than expected. There are days that I wake up in a funk and I couldn't tell you why I am cranky or sad or.... but I just am. However, I am trying to get out everyday and take walks. I make sure I have quite time with Jesus when Samuel takes a nap (I am convinced this keeps me sain) and I am venturing out in the car, even though it scares me to do so. Yes, it actually scares me to drive here. I have been driving for well over 15 years, but there are different rules here and so much to watch out for. I am terrified of hitting one of the hundreds of pedestrians or cyclists that are in and about. Sometimes they just dart in front of you, which they have the right of way, but it is still very scary. Also, I don't know what I would do if a cop pulled me over, so I am overly cautious. Please pray that I calmly drive and not feel exhausted after I have done so.


I saw my first moose today. I was leaving out driveway and looked down the road. I thought to myself, "what is that horse doing on the road?". Then I thought, "that's not a horse," but by the time I tried to get a good look he darted into the woods. It wasn't one of the huge ones, just a yearling. It was really cool to see though. One of these days I want to get a picture of some of them. As long as I'm not too close, zoom is a wonderful thing.


I still don't know what has become of my mouse. I would like to think that our dog took care of it, but I don't know. We removed the freezer that went out the other day and found a stash of dog food in the corner behind it. Yes, something was storing up for the winter. I am still praying that the something is no longer in the house. When you are looking for mouse poop in your floor everyday something is wrong!


I have my first girls-night-out with my old friends this Thursday. I am looking forward to that. It is good to reconnect with old friends. I have also made a new friend with a wonderful Swedish woman named Anneli. She actually called me to do something. I am very excited about this. I think it must be the Lord. It has always been rather hard to get into the inner-circle of the Swedes. However, she is admittedly not so Swedish. But non-the-less, I am excited about her friendship.


We miss all of you and pray for you often. Please keep praying for our transition here and Andreas's position as pastor. Also, I would like you all to pray for Nepal. They are having troubles with the Maoists again and adoption there is still closed. There are at least 400 parents waiting for their children, but stuck in limbo. Please pray for them and the children. While your at it pray for Kim and Silas West. They are missionaries in Nepal. You can link to them in my links.

Blessings to all,

Laurie


No comments: