Saturday, June 28, 2008

Midsummer, wind and waves

This is Andreas trying to write a blog entry. I usually don't get this privilege, or take it, so I am glad to write to all of you prospective readers. We just celebrated Midsummer here in Sweden, which is sort of our July 4th. Normal ingredients are a Maypole, flowerwreaths on people's heads, pickled herring, new potatoes, sour cream, chives, fresh strawberries, and lots of alcohol for those who do that sort of thing. We enjoyed everything but the alcohol, and we're better off for it. Oh I forgot, we didn't do the maypole thing where we are supposed to dance around it making frog sounds and other fun things

Here are som pictures from the ocean where we stayed at my parents house. It was rather windy and these waves come all the way from England so it can be quite the spectacle. This time it was more pretty than violent, not always a bad thing.


This is me, my parents and Sam looking at the ocean, feeling small and trying to figure out where their house is.

This is when Sam and I were trying to get the mat of moss off our roof. We did succeed even though Sam had to get off the roof due to the worst-case scenario images flashing through my mind all the time. We also learned that gnats live in moss. Not so good.


No comments: