Friday, June 13, 2008

Emotional Moments for a Pastor's Family

About a week ago (sorry it took me so long) the Methodist Church had their annual conference in Gothenburg. During that time Andreas was installed as a probationary elder in Alingsas, making everything very official. I didn't think that it would be an emotional moment, but it was. I was crying when Andreas knelt down to be commissioned and prayed over. Then I looked next to me and Andreas's mom was crying too (never good for two women to be crying, we keep each other going). It was one of those very real moments when you realized that the call you have received from the Lord is coming to pass. It was a good moment to realize the faithfulness of the Lord and his ability to bring things to fruition. Another moment to yet again put my reliance in Him.

Andreas asked me if I was crying because he was joining the United Methodist Church (which I have issues with), however, when you are called by the Lord you do not choose where or when - just to go. Please pray for us and we try to minister to the Swedish people and show them that Jesus is not a myth but the lover of their souls.

Blessings,
Laurie

Andreas and the Bishop.



No comments: