Saturday, June 14, 2008

Family gatherings are a good time to see the generations together. Recently, I have been taking a lot of pictures of Mormor and Morfar with the great-grandchildren. I know that they will not be with us forever and want to take the time to capture these memories for their great-grandchildren. Today we got together to celebrate Johan's 31st birthday and Emma's 29th birthday (Emma, if I am wrong on the age, I am sorry). Emma's birthday was on the 13th and Johan's is on the 17th. We had 4 generations of family there and it was great to see them all interact and the kids play together. Samuel has a second cousin named Hannes, who is only 6 months younger than Sam. They get along well and it is fun to watch them play. Then Samuel loves to play with his cousin Viktor and now there is Selma and 3 month old little girl (Hannes's sister). Hopefully we can add another one to the clan in the not-so-far future.

We also watched Sweden play Spain in the European Cup. I am sorry to say that Sweden lost (but if you meet a Swede on the street, don't mention it - they take their soccer very seriously). Spain scored in the very last seconds of the game (kind of like what happened in Kentucky football a couple of years ago). I am really glad that Samuel is not quite into the whole soccer thing yet. I don't know if I am ready for that as a mom. Samuel decided it was better to watch a cartoon movie with Hannes and Farmor.

I have also added another link to my list. Rhett and Amanda Simmons in Mississippi. Rhett and Amanda adopted a little boy from Guatemala when he was 6 months old, now Wesley is 2 and Amanda is pregnant. They are a great family that loves the Lord.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Blessing,
Laurie

Mormor and Selma

Morfar and Viktor

Emma and Viktor

Johan and the grill

Farmor, holding Viktor, with Hannes and Samuel (I think you can tell who is who).

No comments: