Monday, June 16, 2008

11 Wonderful Years

Today has been my 11 year anniversary with the wonderful and handsome man pictured below. This is the second time in our 11 years that the anniversary is on a Monday (which is the actual day that we got married). Andreas and I went out on the town. Farfar took care of Samuel and Andreas and I headed to a new restaurant - The Himalaya, a Nepali Kitchen. We were really excited to eat there, but unfortunately, it was closed. Apparently they do not serve dinner on Mondays (would have been nice for the review in the paper to say that). So we ended up eating at a good Indian restaurant instead. We walked and talked through the city (I was not prepared to walk in the shoes that I had on, so I had to buy new ones). Then we had dessert at a simple, but nice, cafe (I really like the European cafe life). Andreas has planned a 3 day trip to London for us in July to celebrate our anniversary. We will be seeing Mamma Mia there. I have always wanted to see a show in London! Last year when we hit ten years we didn't have any money or anyone to watch Samuel for a few days, so we promised ourselves that we would do something this year. Andreas came through, like he always does.

After 11 years of marriage I am still amazed by this man. He is kind, thoughtful, loving, fun and still very theological. I praise Jesus for such a wonderful husband and look forward to continuing growing old with him. Thank you Lord!

Such a good looking man!

Andreas brought me 10 white roses and 1 red one.

No comments: