Monday, November 12, 2007

Fall and Nightly traditions

Okay we all have our own funny traditions. So let me explain mine. I discovered pomegranites in 2005 and realized that I love pomegranites. So for about three Falls now I have bought them and eaten them. In 2005 I distinctly remember eating them at night while waiting for the call to go pick-up Samuel. I can remember the way my heart felt heavy because I so desperately wanted my son home. In 2006 I bought them and took them over to my friend Kim's house. We sat and ate them and comiserated (I'm an aweful speller) over the fact that she wanted to go and pick-up the two children from Russia that she was adopting and all that was slowing that down. Now in 2007 I sit in my home in Sweden and eat them once again. Remembering all that comes with it. Maybe now I eat them and pray for all those who are in the process of adoption and pray that their children will come home soon. With hope that my own second adoption will also start soon. So eat a pomegranite and pray for someone while you do it. Start a tradition!


This was a nightly tradition in the States and we are resuming it here. He loves books and now even likes to "read them himself". So we are settling down for the night with a good book and of course his stuffed monkey. What more can you ask for in life.


No comments: