Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Birthday/Happy Thanksgiving

First I would like to say Happy Birthday to Dad (my father-in-law).  I won't share exactly how old he is, but I will share that he is wonderful.  He has been an amazing husband, dad, and granddad.  As a matter of fact I believe David is a huge fan of his (David really likes to play with him) and I know Sam adores him.  

Tack Pappa att du är så tålig och underbart.  Vi är jätte tacksam för dig och allt som du gör för oss.  Våra liv är mycket bättre med dig nära.  Grattis på din födelsedag.  Vi älskar dig.  

David had only been home a week when this pic was taken.
Secondly, I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving.  Even though it is not celebrated in Sweden, I will be having an international dinner tomorrow night with several family and friends from around the globe.  The countries that will be represented will be...the USA (that's me), Nepal (Sam), China (David), Sweden (unfortunately not Andreas, he is in Riga, Latvia this weekend), India, Malaysia, Australia, Ireland, and Iraq.  I don't know if I missed anyone, but I hope not.  This years dinner is not nearly as big as the one two years ago when we had 16 countries represented, but it was not possible this year to pull off a big church bash, so it is a little more intimate this year.

I am very thankful to be celebrating at all and really miss my family in the States at this time.  I am thankful for so much.  This year has seen the end of our 3 1/2 year wait and David came to our family in May. God showed himself in so many ways through our journey and has been a comfort, a trusted friend and a sovereign God through it all.  I am always thankful for my family (immediate and extended).  My husband is a solid rock that continues to show me the way to Christ and loves me even when I feel truly unlovable.  My children (who can drive me up a wall at times) are the most wonderful boys that I can imagine.  I am continually in awe that I have been given the privilege to be their mommy.  I continue to be thankful for my Bible study group and how they challenge me and keep me accountable.  I am thankful for new and old friends and the blessings that they are even when they are an ocean(s) away or sitting in my living room drinking tea with me.  I am thankful to have seen a very faithful God answer so many prayers, heal so many people, place so many orphans in families and redeem so many lost.  This year has not always been easy, but the difficulty has also taught me to be thankful and look beyond myself.

I pray that today you all have a chance to stop, reflect, know God, and be thankful too.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Blessings,
laurie

1 comment:

Andrew and Heather Robinson said...

And happy Thanksgiving to you! With love, Heather