Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Time to Post

Well, I realized that I was just checking other posts and not posting myself.  I have been doing quite a bit since my last post.  My grandfather is still in the hospital, but getting better.  He is weak, but we are hoping that he makes it home soon.  The whole family is converging on Wilmore for Thanksgiving.  I am even flying home with Sam for 3 weeks.  Andreas has to stay here, and will be missed greatly.  I pray that it is a time for the family to gather around my grandfather and let him know what an amazing influence for Christ he has been in our lives.  He will have at least 2 of his 5 great grandchildren there also, so it will be a good time for them to form a few memories of him.  I am hoping that we can get everyone there.  Please pray that it can all work out  for the family.  

We have a huge Thanksgiving fest planned for the church here in Sweden.  This will be the 3rd annual fest.  Last year we had a little over 60 people from 16 different countries.  It was really cool and I am hoping that we can beat that this year.  So for anyone in Sweden come to Alingsas Metodist Kyrka on November 19th at 6:00 p.m.  Bring a food from your land to share and if you have kids, we have activities and babysitters for them.  Please call me and let me know you are coming at 0763 402801.  That way I can get an approx. head count.  

Andreas and I have been working on updating our homestudy and paperwork for our adoption from China SN.  I have been researching all the different diagnosis that I have seen, lined up an amazing doctor for the rush of "tell us what you can from this paperwork" and Andreas and I are trying to pray and figure out what we can handle as parents.  It is not easy, but I believe that a we have to try our best to be prepared for what we can know.  Of course there are usually surprises, but I am not going to worry about them.   I think we should have all the paperwork done by the end of November and ready to accept a referral when the time is right. Please continue to pray with us that we would hear what God has to say and be willing to sacrifice when needed.   

My heart has still been stirring and moving to work on plans for a children's home and school in Nepal.  I am scared half to death also, but I believe this is what God wants me to work on.  I have started to gather a prayer group and my courage has been bolstered.  So Andreas and I will continue to move forward (albeit slow) with this plan.  

Samuel has all of next week off for Fall break, so we will try to do some fun things and have a great time together.  I talked to him tonight about going to the States and he is sooooo excited.  His first question was, "Can we spend the night with my Karenbauers?"  This is the family that I nannied for so many years ago and Samuel loves their children. I told him that it could probably be arranged.  I hope that I can see many of my friends and family when I am home and that Sam can get reaquainted with many of them as well.  

I will leave you with some pics below.  Most of them are my boys, well....being boys.  Blessings to all.  Please continue to keep the 80 familys in Nepal in your prayers.  It is an extremely hard situation and pretty unfair in my opinion.  These families needs prayers and advocates.  If you would, please contact your representative or congressman and let them know that the State Dept. needs to help these families and not hurt them.  

Blessings,
laurie 






I just liked this picture, it is outside of our stuga in the woods.  

This picture is one in a million.  When I was looking for a picture of the two of us for the dossier, I couldn't find one.  We are never in pics together, one of us is always behind the camera.  So the other night we set this shot up and it turned out pretty decent.  I think I have a great looking husband and am very thankful for him.  

2 comments:

Reg said...

you both are looking great. Nice picture of you.
and all the best for the paperwork.

Unknown said...

Laurie...I hope you don't mind my sharing the following websites. I would adopt any one of these children if I could but at least I feel I can share the sites with families considering adoption. Enjoy reading your updates.
http://www.adoptuskids.org/
http://reecesrainbow.org/