Sunday, October 17, 2010

Beauty and Sadness

I just wanted to write a quick note before bed.  Friday night Andreas surprised me with a trip to a beautiful island called Hven.  It is located in the sound between Denmark and Sweden.  The island belongs to Sweden.  It was a really nice time to be with my best friend (Andreas of course, Sam was with his grandparents), and enjoy a really quaint and beautiful place.  I will have pictures soon.

In the midst of getting ready for church this morning I realized I had a message on my cell.  The message was left in the middle of the night and I did not hear the phone ring.  It was my mom.  So of course my heart automatically beats out of my chest with fear.  My grandfather is in the ICU with a bad infection as of Saturday.  I called my mom (at 4 in the morning her time), and she said that he was doing better since that phone call, but not necessarily out of the woods yet.  So now I have to make the agonizing decision to go or to stay.  Of course I want to be there, but there are so many factors I have to consider.  So at this point my mom is keeping me up to date and we will decide by how he is doing.  Please pray for him and me as I make this decision.  This man has been my father figure and the image of a loving God in my life and I don't want to miss saying goodbye (if it comes to that).  This is when living overseas is really hard.

Blessings,
Laurie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
I can feel what you feel. I have been in your shoes with both my parents. It is one of the hardest things in life because your feelings are so involved and it is not like you can hop in your car and be gone for a day or two. I will be praying for you
Ia