Monday, October 11, 2010

Adoption Update #51

Hello all,  well I think I have informed those who need to know before I tell the public.  After much diliberation and of course some huge obstacles we have switched countries (again) to China special needs.  This is a program that we have talked about in the past, but "things" have led us to this.  The journey has been pretty amazing actually, but I still hold on to the hope that God knows who and where our child is and we are learning as much about ourselves on this journey as we are about our child.  Don't get me wrong, doing paperwork for a third time and going through the emotional rollercoaster of it all has not been great, but if I am honest it has made me take my hands off the wheel again!  Please pray with us as we go down this road.  Samuel is starting to get pretty emotional about not having a sibling and has even said that "God hasn't heard my prayers mommy, because I still don't have a sister or brother."  It is so hard to explain the waiting to him, but we continue to encourage him to pray and trust God that one is coming.  He has been in tears several times lately about it.  He has now told us that he wants a sister and a brother.  So, I know God is listening and stranger things have happened.

We were actually featured in the local paper today.  I talked about the rollercoaster of it all.  I hope it didn't discourage anyone.  I think the main point is that you don't always get what you want, but the journey is worth being on. Sorry, it didn't make it to the online version.

I am still working on getting my memory fixed and downloading pics.  I will hopefully have that all solved soon.  Please remember all the families that are still trying to get their children from Nepal.  It is a hard and emotional situation right now, there are about 80 "pipeline" cases and it is hard to know exactly what is going on.

I will leave you with pics of Samuel doing some gymnastics.  He is in a sports club that tries different sports for about 13 weeks.  We thought it would be a good idea to see what he likes.  He has great fun.  

Blessings to all,


Laurie

3 comments:

Juneau&Kenai said...

Hello, I have followed your blog since we were all in the Nepal program at the same time. My husband and I have also decided to switch to China Special Needs! We will officially start our paperwork tomorrow. I really enjoy your blog as an American with Swedish ties! I've never been to Sweden and feel I get spoiled by some of your pictures. Feel free to stop by my blog and follow our journey. And we will be praying for your son who so clearly wants a sibling! God will reign!

Nachama said...

Congrats on your decision! I am sure Samuel will have his sibling in good time. But I know the waiting is so so hard. As for the 80 pipeline families....

we have a petition to Congress going here http://www.petition2congress.com/2/3608/view_all/

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Laurie,
I am so happy to hear the news. I pray this will be a great sister for Sam. He will love her.
Ia