Friday, September 03, 2010

Camping

One of our favorite things to do is camp out.  We were able to do this a couple of times this summer.  Once with friends (I'll have to find those pics) and then in August the boys stayed out a night alone (posted below, double post today, don't forget to scroll down) and I joined them for the second night.  Like always the beauty of the nature here is amazing.  One thing that I really like about camping is that inevitable around dawn I need to go to the bathroom.  As inconvenient as that seems, it gives me the quiet moments alone to appreciate the beginning of a new morning (not being a morning person, this doesn't happen so often).  I have seen some of the most beautiful and poignant images during these moments and it always reminds me of the amazing Creator that we have.  I am in awe at this creativity and the simple fact that he made it for us.  He is extravagant! I think the next images will help you understand my expression.  The last image is also one of God's amazing love to Andreas and I, of course it is Sam.  Andreas caught the photo right before we were leaving.  Sam was having a conversation with his favorite friend, Tiger.  It is an amazingly sweet moment and also one that reminds me that yes....our son is Calvin with his friend Hobbes!  

Enjoy,
Laurie










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful pictures! They remind me of canoe camping in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota. And the Calvin and Hobbes picture is simply priceless! Best, Amy