Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blessings

During this time I have been looking around and taking in the blessings of life. Here are several that I have found.

1. First is my faith. Jesus has given me more faith than I thought I had. A gift from Jesus is a huge gift and I will treasure it and hang on to it.

2. My family. I have an amazing husband that works so hard for the Kingdom. He is a wonderful husband and father. I also have an amazing, smart, handsome and loving son. He amazes me in so many ways. He has been so sweet through me being sick and working out the adoption stuff. He is also in the stage where he is really wanting to hear about his own adoption.It has been a very sweet time with him. I also have great in-laws that support us and take care of us and family at home in the States whom I miss greatly and Mexico (my cousins are missionaries in Mexico).

3. Friends... known and unknown. My known friends have been very supportive during this time and others. I am thankful for all of you. The old standing friendships (one example is Pam and Dave Rhodes, the longest standing friendships in my life) and the new ones (those who have made living in Sweden so much sweeter). The unknown friends who I have met through this blog and have been supportive and comforting. Thank you all, you are a blessing from Christ.

4. My home. That I have a home (which is an apartment in the church that Andreas is pastor of). I am thankful for a warm place to feel safe everyday.

5. That we do have the chance to adopt another child. Being infertile it is never a given if we can have more children. So I am thankful that we will still be able to adopt another child. Not to say the financial part of that is taken care of, but I know the God is faithful and it will be taken care of. I also know that God will lead us to where we need to be and what child is suppose to join our family. Thank you God for preparing the way.

Of course the list can go on, but I will say one final thing I am thankful for. I am so happy that we have had snow on the ground since before Christmas (sorry mom). In the past Swedish winters have been grey, rainy and frankly depressing. This winter has still be somewhat grey, but the snow makes it so much more fun and lively. It has helped me a lot this winter so I am thankful for it.

Just wanted to say some positive things in my life. Hang on to Jesus!

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: