Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A White Christmas and More...


This Christmas was truly a winter wonderland here in Sweden. We had snow every night for about a week before Christmas (not too much just a little)... it got to +1C on Christmas Eve (enough to make it mushy)... then on Christmas night we got a lot more! The picture above (Samuel had just gotten Andreas with a snowball to the face) and the ones below were taken on Dec. 26th. Sam was sick, but we had to get out and play because it was suppose to get to +4C on the 27th and 28th. It did just that, but we had so much that it didn't melt it all. Then it got really, really cold again, so now it is as slick as snot! Yes, you read that right, I hope Prof. Lauter is proud of my backhills analogy.

Today, we drove up to the house on the ocean. We will spend New Years here, since we are sick and can not be around anyone else at the moment. Tonight, poor Andreas cannot even speak his throat hurts so much. I have a little, but so far I am the healthy one. Sam is much better and has his normal energy back... very hard for us when we have depleted enery. It is now negative 16 outside. For you Farenheit lovers that is 5 degrees. Yes, it is a little cold. However, it is beautiful and amazing. I will try to get some pictures on here of the sunsets and the snow within the next few days. I can never do them justice but I will try (I will make you proud Cydil!).

Blessings to all,
laurie

These pics made me think I was in Narnia... except for the occasional car.



Crazy Boys!

This is our church and home. It is an historic building here in Alingsas.

2 comments:

Cydil said...

Soo pretty!
For sunset: tripod & slow shutter speed

Nina & Wes said...

So beautiful. So Scandinavian. Love it.