Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas Part I

These pictures came out in the wrong order, but at this point I will deal with it. The internet connection is really bad today. These are pictures of Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house, just the three of us.

Sam and his new things.


Opening gifts.

The lego Airplane directions that he received. Which he was happy with. He actually saw these a few days before Christmas. Mom and dad accidentally left them out. Samuel thought he was just getting the directions to the legos because mommy and daddy couldn't afford the whole set (which is very true). However, what he didn't know is that we were given a huge box of legos by a friend who didn't want them because he sons were older (about 15 to 20 sets of things were in the box). So a month of so before Christmas Andreas and I poured out the bucket seperated the bits by color and started building. It was a labor of love. Scroll down to see Christmas Eve and Christmas Part III you will see the ending of this process. When Sam finally did get the legos to the directions he asked me how it happened because we said we couldn't afford them. So my response was, " Jesus gave us what we needed so that we could give you the legos." (very true... thanks Jesus for using Dana).


Samuel in front of our Swedish Christmas tree. For all of you Americans reading this, yes, I know it is a Charlie Brown tree. This is what you have in Sweden, I am learning to deal with it (well I do complain a little, I miss my full beautiful trees).


This picture was taken in the middle of December when we first put our tree in. First we cut one down from our land in the woods, but it was too fat to get in the house (or at least move in the house once it was in there). So then we bought a cheap one, there is a reason it was so cheap. Now a few days after Christmas I cannot even sneeze in my house... there are more needles on the floor than on the tree!

No comments: