Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A Thanksgiving To Be Thankful For

Sorry, there are no pictures quite yet. I will get those for next time. This past Friday we had an International Thanksgiving at our church. We started last year and had 26 people and maybe 6 countries represented. This year we had 65 people and 15 countries represented. It was really cool. I cooked for 3 days. I baked 4 pumpkin rolls, a triple helping of greenbean casserole, a huge portion of Sue Lauter's Cranberry Jello casserole, devilled eggs, stuffing, gravy and three turkeys! Yes, it was a lot of work, but I planned well so I was not stressed and all was done by the time we needed to eat...thank you Jesus! Then everyone that came brought something that was ethnic to their country. We had great food, wonderful company and a lot of fun. Many of the people that came were not "church people" so we pray that seeds were planted during this time. It was the biggest outreach this church has had in quite a while. Please pray with us for the people that live here.

My husband was wonderful. He helped me set up the whole church (which was quite the job), put together a very fun trivia quiz (very typical Swedish) and a nice power point, helped me in the kitchen whenever I asked, and was a wonderful host and technical supervisor for the evening. He really is an amazing man! We also had wonderful help from some of the church members that were there. They really showed what being the body of Christ was like and I appreciate them all very much.

The church was almost at it's capacity with all those people so we will be praying about next year and what we should do then. However, it is a wonderful problem to have! I pray that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the Lord met and blessed you where you were and with those you were with.

love,
Laurie

No comments: