Friday, November 06, 2009

Ass-Berry

Okay, funny story from our constant comedian Samuel. While I was in the States I stopped by Asbury's bookstore and bought some t-shirts that say ''Asbury College''. Wanted to get some before it turns into Asbury University.

Well, Samuel is very into trying to read letters and what all of our shirts say. The other night I am sitting in the family room while Andreas and Samuel are getting ready for bed in our bedroom. Samuel asks Andreas what his shirt says. Like a good pappa, he spelled the whole thing out and told him exactly what it said phonetically. The next thing I hear is my son walking around the apartment saying... Ass-berry... Ass-berry... ASS-BERRY... ASS-BERRY... Yes, I know it is a bit childish, but Andreas and I broke, and starting laughing our ''ass-berries'' off. That made Sam just keep saying it while getting louder (even though he wasn't sure what we were laughing at). Eventually we were able to stop him and get him to bed. As of yet I haven't heard ass-berry out of his mouth, but I am sure when Andreas puts that shirt on we will hear it again. Let us hope it is at a time when it is just us in the house!

Disclaimer: For those of you who went to Asbury or work there, I mean no disrespect, Samuel has no idea what he was really saying. I do love Asbury and had a wonderful experience there. (thought I better put that in).

Blessings,
Laurie

1 comment:

Marshall L. Daigre said...

that is hilarious!