Thursday, November 19, 2009

All Saints Day

One thing that I love about Europe is their celebration of All Saints Day. I had always heard of it in the States, but never as a celebration. Here in Sweden we have a special Saturday Service and at night we all go to the graves of our loved ones and put candles and wreaths on them. This is to remember what a wonderful contribution they made in our lives. It really is a beautiful thing (however the pictures did not reflect that, I don't really know how to do good night shots with my camera). I love going to the graves and seeing all the candles lit and the people remembering their loved ones that have passed into eternity. I look forward to going to the cemetary on this night. I also remember my loved ones that were such a great witness to how my life should be.

Thanks Grandma Traina for your incredible example of what a Godly woman should look like. I miss you and look forward to being with you in heaven!

Enjoy the relatively poor pics below.



No comments: