Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Retirement

Andreas's Dad is officially retired. There have been many jokes leading up to this time, but after working for the city of Gothenburg as a child psychologist for 40 years (wow), he is a pensionare (Swedish for retiree). We were thrilled to see that his work really celebrated him and gave thanks for all he has done. You are incredible and incredibly patient dad, I am sure your work will miss you but we are thankful to be able to spend more time with you. Now you can psychoanalize Samuel, please don't do it to me though! It will be strange for him now, but he started his new found freedom with 5 weeks of vacation at his ocean house, so I think he will make it.

After Maciej wedding (the next post on the blog) we went into Gothenburg to celebrate dad. He asked mom to wear the lovely floral, 1980's dress. I guess it was a favorite of his. I am sure mom will hurt me for putting it on the blog, but it is all done in love (please remember that mom).

Sam told me that now Farfar doesn't have to work he can spend more time with Samuel. So Farfar your new job will be to run after your two grandsons, enjoy!!!


No comments: