Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday number 35


For those of you who didn't know, yesterday was Andreas's 35th birthday. I wish I had pictures, but my batteries were dead on the camera. We had a quite birthday cookout with Twain and Jennie Weaver and their kids. Andreas is not big on his birthday, so he likes it quite. We will also have a grand seafood dinner next week when we go to the ocean house (that's what he really wants for his birthday). Thank you all the sent birthday wishes through facebook.

Also, just wanted everyone to know that we have not had any news on the adoption. We are waiting, waiting, waiting... like everyone else. It is not so bad for me right now because I don't expect any news till at least the end of this year. I am enjoying my patience and calm about it right now because I know there will come a time that I am not so calm and very impatient. It is amazing how much easier the second adoption is. Maybe because I have Sam to keep me occupied (which he does really well), or maybe it is because I have learned my lesson to trust God completely (I really want it to be this one), most likely a combination of both. Whatever it is I am thankful to God and look forward to meeting the child that he is preparing for this family.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: