Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sorry it has been so long

I love the blooming trees, very typical Swedish scene.
Again, typical scene, very pretty and quaint.
Church bell, I love this and they actually used it.
When the winter has been grey the blooming trees are a God send.
This is were we swam, in cold water mind you. But it was nice because it was so warm outside.

I was doing so well with the blog for a couple of weeks and then I don't know what happened. I have a ton of pics, but the internet is really slow right now, so I have just added a few of the beautiful Smalland scenery. The weekend Samuel spend with his grandparents, Andreas and I went with our church to a "camp ground" in the East. This area was owned by Alfred Nobel's neice (the Nobel peace prize is named after Alfred). Anyway, his neice gave it to the Methodist church and they have been using it ever since. We had a great weekend, the weather was amazing!!! I even got some sunburn in May!

Weekends like this one are hard for me sometimes because it is all in Swedish. I can't just tune it out because then I won't understand anything. Even though they are hard, they are the times that I usually learn a lot more of the language. All the people in our church are incredibly patient with me. We also had Mormor and Morfar with us, so some English was spoken (but don't tell on me).

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: