Saturday, May 31, 2008

Amazing Day, Part I

Today was an amazing day. Not only did we have a great family day, but it was unseasonable warm in Sweden. Which means that it was nice for me! It was really only about 77 degrees, but to the Swede, it is very warm. We started our morning with a vivacious son, who decided it would be fun to climb on us. Below you will see him sitting on Andreas's head. Yes, parents can double for jungle gyms also. Samuel was really good today, he wanted to be with us and have fun. It was also one of those days that I actively remembered how thankful I am for this little boy. I hope you understand what I mean by that. I am always thankful for him, but there are days that I am too rushed or too annoyed to actively remember my thankfulness. Today, I remembered and thanked Jesus for this precious little boy.

I have some great Samuelisms for you today. We were all sitting at the table eating lunch (or "blunch" as Sam calls it). He asked to listen to his music. This is a CD that Nonna bought him ages ago, it actually says his name in the songs. He is pretty funny when he listens to it and thinks they are talking to him. Samuel is great with the beat of music and has always loved to listen and dance to it. Since he has received his hearing aides he is learning the words to songs and singing along. On his CD the song "He's got the whole world in his hands" came on. Samuel started to sing along, except Samuel sang "He's got the whole world in his pants, He's got the whole wide world, in his pants". I thought I was going to fall off of my chair with laughter. Andreas calmly explained what they were really singing and Samuel took off with the real words. I really think that God laughs with us during these times. He created little children, He has to have a sense of humor! Samuel also sings, "what can wash away my soul, nothing but the blood of Jesus". The word soul should be sin, but I think it works the way he sings it. Samuel definitely keeps us laughing.

The second Samuelism happened when we went to the lake. We decide to take dinner out to "our" lake, Tinnsjon. We rowed out to an island and to our amazement were the only people on this huge lake. Samuel loved it. I will not be showing the pics of him running around naked with waterwings on, but trust me it was very cute. We also set up our tent so that we could rest in it out of the sun if needed. Unfortunately, we set it up in Kelty's bathroom area. Just as I was getting into the tent I kneeled in something warm and soft, yuk!! As I was discussing this with Andreas, Samuel was listening intently. He then went to the door of the tent and yelled at Kelty, "Kelty stop pooping in the tent!" All I could do was laugh at that point, Andreas also laughed. At realizing that we though he was funny Samuel continued to yell it at Kelty. Thank you for making a nasty situation much better Samuel. I thank Jesus for this little boy who makes us laugh.

We spent about 4 hours at the lake and then rowed back to where the car was. Samuel than spent the next 7 minutes (the ride home) trying to talk us out of making him go to bed. He tried in English and even used the Swedish he is learning (ja just det and nej). However, in the end, it was bedtime. (I makes me laugh when he speaks Swedish because he sounds like a native and it is so cute).

Praise God for family days and gorgeous weather days.

(Sorry I accidentally erased the pick of Samuel climbing on Andreas's head and can't get it back for some reason, just image the scene)

He was so cuddly to day, he curled up on our "boat" and layed there with me for a few minutes, which is amazing that he stayed put for that long.

Pappa and Samuel snuggling.

This is a great pic of Samuel and Andreas swimming together. Amazing that it was warm enough to swim in May. (maybe not warm enough for everyone, but I was fine, it may have even helped my cough, is that possible?)

Blessings,

Laurie (part II is continued below)

No comments: