Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Little Man

What a good looking little man! And such a poser.

This one makes me laugh, he is so expressive. I am not sure what he was thinking here.

The suit does not mean that he has to forgo the ride on his tractor!!!

Had to get the pic with Farmor and Farfar.

What a personality :).

It was time to pull out the summer clothes and I came across a suit coat that we had been given a while ago. I always looked forward to the day when Samuel would fit in it, and now was that time. He looked adorable and he loves to pose for the camera. It is amazing how he has changed right before my very eyes. Today, in particular, I was struck by the fact that he has lost all the toddler attributes and is now a little boy. He no longer has the rounded belly and a little chubb on his cheeks. He is slim and muscular and growing up. The Lord continues to bless us with this amazing little boy.

This morning Samuel woke up, came into our room, and walked over to my side of the bed. He looks at me and said, "Today, we go buy a little sister and then go to the playground. Make sense, mommy?" He knew we had our first meeting for a home study today (for our second adoption) and he translated that into buying a sibling. However, he wanted to make sure he got the playground time in also. Even though it was early in the morning, it got a laugh out of me. I love what goes on in his brain. He has been talking to himself at night lately. He talks to his tiger about the day and how things went. It is so funny to hear what sticks with him and what he is trying to figure out. He is our little sponge. The other day Samuel walked away from a child that really made him mad. Andreas went over to him and praised him for doing that. Later that night, when Samuel was in bed, he was talking to tiger about it. He even mentioned how it was such a good thing that he walked away. Praise God for those teachable moments that do stick with him.


We miss you all and are praying for you. I have also added a new link under the blogs that we read. Our friends, Andy and Lizet Bowen, are WGM missionaries in Paraguay. These are Andy's thoughts on what is happening on the field. Enjoy and don't forget to pray for those around the world that are serving Him!

One more thing, my cousin and her husband are trying to raise money to go on the mission field to Mexico. They are stuggling to get the last 22% of their funds. Please pray for them (Josh and Jennifer Reynolds) and if you know of a church that they can speak in please let me know. They would be very appreciative.

Blessings,

Laurie

No comments: