Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pictures....Finally


A few weeks ago we went on a Church retreat just outside of Notodden, Norway.  It was cold ( minus 21 Celcius at night and minus 15 C during the day), but gorgeous.  We came together to talk, think and pray about what the future holds for this Church.  It was also a good time to get to know the people in the church much better.  We were very thankful for this time and came away with a better sense and how to pray, how to move forward.


Kids and adults alike had a great time sledding.  Some of us even did some cross country skiing.  Sorry, there are no pics of me on skis, but I did try it again (the second of third time in my life).  I spend most of my time on the ground, but didn't give up easily.  Sam tried skiing and now really likes it.  Today we went to the second hand store and bought him some because his school class is going skiing on Friday.  Apparently everyone here in Norway learns as children...so we will follow the trend.  As I have learned it is much easier to learn when you lack the fear of an adult and have way more stamina!



This is the house the we stayed in for the retreat.  The view was breathtaking and always brings me to God.


I am thankful for this Church family that God has allowed us to be a part of.  Please continue to pray for us as we look to minister to the community that God has put us in.  

Blessings,
Laurie

2 comments:

iaandbob said...

Beautiful pitures, beautiful country. Beautiful Children:) I know how important your ministry is in these Scandinavian countries. Keep praying and serving Christ. And yes, all children lear how to ski. I have a picture of me skiing when I just turned 2. Coming to Norway this summer with Nina and Wes. But we are going to Bergen.

iaandbob said...

Beautiful pitures, beautiful country. Beautiful Children:) I know how important your ministry is in these Scandinavian countries. Keep praying and serving Christ. And yes, all children lear how to ski. I have a picture of me skiing when I just turned 2. Coming to Norway this summer with Nina and Wes. But we are going to Bergen.