Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Learning

As said before I will try my best to convey what I have been learning in my quiet times with the Lord.  
(if you are not interested in a bit of a heart ''theological'' thought, you may want to skip this post and move on to the other post I wrote tonight with pictures).

Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions,for the sake of his body, which is the church.
Colossians 1:24

Sometimes I wonder what am I suffering and do I count it as suffering for Christ or do I try to find the quickest way out of the suffering.  I think we do not understand or are not ''tuned in'' to know why we are going through the trials we are.  What am I filling up in my flesh?  Can I say that I don't care how I am treated as long as the gospel is proclaimed?  I have been taking a good long look (again) at how I perceive myself and react to others.  

Interestingly enough, I had a conversation with Samuel not long ago about how being in authority really means being a servant.  How we must take care of and serve those that we are in authority over.  Like being a parent. Yet, I wonder sometimes if I have really taken that to heart. 

As we venture into Nepal, how do I perceive myself and those we go to meet.  What am I willing to endure so that a child finds a place that is safe, loving and stable and shown who Jesus is.  Christ would say to count them above me, but do I really take that to heart?  Essentially it is a battle of my will or God's.  I have by no means conquered all these thoughts, but have been ''wrestling'' with myself, basically my selfishness.  

I try so hard to teach my children not to be selfish, yet I am confronted with my own. I am not discouraged, but know that I will not turn back, but face what God puts in front of me.  


Laurie

No comments: