Sunday, December 18, 2011

Backlog....again

In November, Samuel had Fall break.  We couldn't do much, but we did decide to take the boat down to Fredrikshavn, Denmark and drive across the country (only took 40 minutes) to the biggest aquarium in Scandinavia.  Now as impressive as that sounds, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed at the size of it.  It was a really good size for the time we had and the kids were done at the end, but when you make those ''biggest'' claims, the American in me comes out.  I expect really BIG.  I must remember where we live.  We had friends come along with us and a fun time was had by all (well, Kunal didn't feel so good, sorry).  One thing I love about aquariums is the cool shadow lighting I can get with the camera.  Yes, yes, I like the fish too.  

So enjoy the pictures below.  We had fun doing them and we appreciated that the kids cooperated (most of the time)!




This seal would follow our hand as we ran along the windows, it was really fun for Sam. 

There is a kid in the middle, but it didn't work so well.  I still think those water tubes are cool.  

My strong boys, love David's strong pose. 


That massive fish is called a Klump fisk in Swedish and a Sun fish in English (I think).  I don't think I had ever seen one before.  They had two of them here.  Apparently they are very gentle, but they are massive.  

Andreas captured this image.  Sam is looking at a screen that lit up his face.  I really love this pic.  
They aquarium also had a seal feeding that we saw and a wind tunnel that made hurricane strong winds.  It was pretty funny to watch the kids blow themselves away.  I couldn't capture any of it without blur because the wind was soooooooo strong.

We topped the night off with a great dinner at a place called Moby Dick Seafood Restaurant (how appropriate).  Then we took the boat back to Gothenburg.  The kids actually stayed up until midnight when we drove off the boat, but they were asleep in two seconds once we were on the road.  The next day all were exhausted, but glad to have gone.

Sometimes I wonder what David really thinks of all this being his first time to see any of it.  I wish he could express himself better, would love to hear his thoughts.  I do know that he really enjoyed it, so that will have to do.

Blessings,
Laurie


No comments: