Sunday, December 18, 2011

Backlog...

Hey there you all...

I am sorry for the silence.  My hormones have come up again to attack and frankly that makes me exhausted and cranky.  One of these days I will share all that has happened in that area (because I feel like the Lord is prompting me to), but for now I will leave it at the above.  

One of the things that I came home from Ch*na with (not including David) was a desire to learn to cook some of the things that David liked to eat... as well as the rest of us.  The first thing I tried was Kung Poa Chicken.  We ate this everyday in Ur*mqi at a Muslim restaurant down the street from our hotel.  It was really good.  I was happy to get that one in quite soon after we got home.  I make it at least two times a month now. 

The second one I have tried is Ch*nese dumplings or pot stickers. Not an easy undertaking, but I have to say well worth the effort. I found many recipes online and tried them a couple different ways, combining, doubling and trying different ways of preparing them.  The last time I made them (I have made them about 5 times now) I finally got them just right for our taste.  I don't have the exact recipe on me, but will share when I get it all combined and written down.  

I will admit that I am not so good that I actually made the wrappers to the dumplings.  I did buy them at one of the Asian stores in Gothenburg, but they work great.   I have been doing pretty good at actually folding them also.  I watched a few videos on youtube.com and off I went.  I served them with rice and a cabbage/carrot mix that I fried with a little soy sauce (really good as a side).  The kids and the husband really like them and we eat and eat and eat and eat.  The only thing that stops David is that the dumplings run out.  My husband took pictures the last time to prove that I was actually doing a good job.  I know it sounds silly, but I really enjoy doing this for David especially, just one of those little special things for him.  Of course he doesn't understand it, but maybe one day he will.  
  


Blessings,
Laurie

1 comment:

Cydil said...

Bravo, Laurie! That looks like a lot of work, but it sounds like a labor of love! Looks yummy too!