Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learning Again....and again.....and again....and again...

I know many of you are waiting for the name of our new son and I promise it will come soon, but we have had so many things to get done this week and it has been a bit crazy.  One thing that I wanted to write about is more of the happiness or joy that I talked about earlier.  In all of this running around trying to get LOA papers signed we have hit a snag with Swedish beauracracy.  Our social worker, whom we have worked with for over 3 years now, is on sick leave.  So instead of calling her and asking her if it is okay to sign that she knows she must do post placement reports and that we can accept this referral (which is already outlined in our homestudy and previous papers) we are having to go through a bit of  incompetence. Of course they are allowed to take two weeks and it seems as if they wish to take that full two weeks.  This is frustrating and ridiculous.  So now I have to take an account of myself.  


How do I react and act towards these people who now feel they have the need to re-ask all the questions that have already been asked?


How do I react when they feel the need to recheck all that has already been checked?  


I can tell you how I want to react, but I am sure you can probably guess how that is.  I hear that reminder to be the child of God that I should.  To show patience...because even though I feel like Swedish beauracracy is in charge - that is not really true.  I want to throw a temper tantrum, but I am 37 years old and frankly I do know better (aren't you proud of me mom!). 


 I must remember that after 3 1/2 years of waiting that...
God still has this, 
God still loves us and this child, 
God sees all that is going on 
and I simply need to pray and trust.  
How many times must I learn this?   


So for now we meet with another social worker tomorrow morning, to reanswer questions that we have already answered, and I must show.....
love,
joy, 
peace,
patience,
gentleness,
goodness,
faith,
meekness,
and temperance.


Thanks for the reminder Jesus, please help me accomplish this! Here is where joy is and happiness is not.  


Laurie 

1 comment:

Proto said...

Thank you for posting this! At the moment I am encountering similar problems! The administrative side of adoptions is a chaos! And it is difficult to get used to that.