Monday, March 14, 2011

It's True

Yes, the rumors are true it is my birthday today.  I am 37 today, which Sam says is old, but it doesn't feel so old to me.  Thank you for all those who called me, emailed me, Fb me, sang to me, generally harrassed me and were overall very nice to me today. I am truly blessed to have so many friends from all over the world.  Taking account of this is humbling and also a bit overwhelming.  I miss so many of you and you are all literally around the world and far away.  I am also humbled and so excited to see how many of you are following Christ and how many have also adopted or been a direct help to adoption or both.  I can only thank Jesus for all of you (my amazing family included) and look forward to worshipping God with you all in heaven one day (which will truly be the next time I am able to be with all of my friends again at one time).

The one gift that I was really hoping for didn't come today.  That would be our LOA for our precious boy, but I know it is coming, so I will hold on to that for my birthday gift.

Please pray for Japan today.  Pray that the Christians can shine the light of Jesus through the fear and devastation.  Pray that the nuclear reactors cool, pray for those who are left to pick up the pieces of their lives without their loved ones, and pray the aftershocks and tsunamis stop.  He is a loving God who wants to help us through the pain of this world.  Will you join me in prayer?

Laurie

No comments: