Monday, March 07, 2011

Backlog....Brussels, Belgium!!

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Belgium with a friend to see another friend that moved there. Again, we love Ryan Air!   It was so great to spend time with Sarah and Dana (both amazing ladies that I have had the priviledge of being in Bible study with.  We ate some great food, laughed like teenagers when Dana's translator told us that I was about to order a turd or dung (yes, it really said that), and explored for a day.  It was a quick visit, but I am so glad that we went.  Oh, I can't forget that we ate an obscene amount of chocolate (what else are you suppose to do in Belgium?)  Thank you Dana for having us, I hope to visit her again with the family (all 4 of us, Dana has been a wonderful prayer warrior and supporter of our adoption).

Enjoy the pics. (unfortunately the pics mixed up, and it is too late for me to deal with it, so the day is a bit mixed up, but still fun)
Laurie
Sarah and Dana in front of the Waterloo
Memorial, which had closed as we walked
up to it, figures.
The beginning of our day in Brussels
This was at the end of the day, the inside
of St. Michaels Church.  There was a service
that began while we were there.  I have videos
I will try to put on tomorrow of the bells and the
organ playing.  
In front of St. Michaels
This was one of the amazing buildings in the main square of Brussels.  This square is where they do the flower carpet every other year  (I hope to see that one in 2012). The bakers use to sell bread at this building, but it is now a museum.  I loved the architecture.
This door made me laugh, as if it came out of some Monty Python film.  The big  gate for giants,  regular door for normal size people and the small door for little people.  This door belonged to the amazing building that was the home of all the gilds in Brussels.
It is really hard to see the amazing architecture, but this square was truly amazing.
These were just two of the chocolate stores we hit (Godiva to the left and Nuehaus to the right).  Dana's last name is Nue, so I guess she is always ment to have this chocolate.  
Us eating....again, yummy.  
This is the Church of Our Lady, beautiful.
The Church of Our Lady
Justice building, covered in scaffolding (or course)
The Atomium in the background
The Sacre Coer in the background

No comments: