Friday, April 25, 2008

Official Mom Moments

Well, today was one of those rights of passage as a mother.

Samuel has been sick with what I am guessing is the flu and an ear infection. I was holding him in my lap right after he had eaten his breakfast (he was upset because he couldn't take apart a chair). He was coughing so hard that he threw up in my lap. Then he threw up again strait down my nightgown. Makes you feel like a true mom. Luckily, Andreas was still home to help me out at that point. You will all be proud to know that I didn't even come close to losing it myself. I was calm and loving the whole time (you never know how you will react until it happens).

This is the first time that I have ever seen Samuel this sick, so I am worried (this is the first time I have ever seen him throw up). He is still energetic and wants to run and play (it takes a lot to get him down), but it is hard to see him sick. Please pray for his healing, Andreas's healing and my not getting sick.

Thanks for sharing my "mommy" moment.

Laurie

No comments: