Thursday, April 24, 2008

Constant Fun

I am sorry that I haven't had time to work on the blog lately. I have finally downloaded a few videos from my phone to put up. They are not great quality, but they are fun. My camera is still in the States, so my phone has to do for now.

Short update:
Sam has received his hearing aides and is adjusting well. He can finally hear the small things. It is fun when he stops me to say, "what's that?". When he doesn't want to put them on he says, "mommy, I don't want them, there are no birds outside." This means, I don't need to hear because the birds are not singing! He is so funny.

Andreas has picked up a third job. He is teaching at a "Folk universitet". It is somewhere between High School and University level. He teaches Revelations and escatology. It is fun for him. He is hoping to teach Old and New Testament in the Fall.

We will be moving into Alingsas sometime in August/September. The apartment in the church has finally opened up and we will occupy it. That is after they deal with the mouse and rat problem!!! Not doing that again.

Warmth has started to come to Sweden. When that happens people start stripping. Yes, you can be walking in the park and the Swedes are laying out in the sun in underwear and bras (men and women). This may sound really strange, but come and experience a winter like ours and you would understand why.

Sam and Andreas are sick right now. Samuel has his first ear infections since being here. Please pray for that, it always makes me anxious.

We have had two international services at the church. Both times we have had several new people to the church. It is exciting to worship in English for me and to meet so many internationals here in Alingsas. Please continue to pray for the church.

I hope all of you are well. We miss you all greatly and would love to have visitors!!

Love,
laurie

No comments: