Monday, April 28, 2008

Missing Friends

Recently Andreas and I have been missing friends. We sometimes feel a bit out of the way (I am sure some of you know what that feels like) and closed in our little Scandinavian corner of the world.

I had the priviledge of IMing with my good friend Lizet Bowen in Paraguay last night. This is a rare but always welcome event. We talked about the life of a missionary being one of constant transition and how good friends are hard to find. It always reminds me of the good friends that the Lord has always put in our path. You know the kind I mean, the ones that you can just be with and never have to explain yourself (you are of one heart and mind). This also leads to the realization that our friends are spread over the world. From Paraguay to Japan, Nepal to the U.S., Sweden to Africa and way down in Aussie land. In one sense it is very exciting. Jesus has marked the hearts of so many to serve Him in the world (whether by official missionary status or not). This is the Great Commission being fulfilled before our eyes. Praise Jesus!! But the other side is a sadness of never getting to be in the presence of these dear friends. But I still praise Jesus for the chance that they became our friends.

It all reminds me of when I graduated college. I had this realization that never again would I live in the same place as most of these friends (sadness). As I check and update my blog I look at the map that tells me where people have been looking at the blog from. This always reminds me to pray for those people and remember that friendship that we shared together and still share apart.

So to all of you that Andreas and I have had the priviledge of getting to know, we miss, love and pray for you. We pray that your ministries and witness for Jesus are sustaining you and overflowing your lives.

Praise Jesus for you ministries and your friendship,
love,
Laurie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really miss you too....and I'm kicking your butt in scrabble!!

Annette said...

I miss you too friend...as spring is progressing here and we're pulling out the grill, I remember those spur of the moment nights we'd come over and have burgers on the grill or the stops at Bops. mmm yum.. We love you guys and miss you bunches