Saturday, January 12, 2008

Some of My thoughts

I am sorry to say there will be no pictures today. My virtual memory is low and it is being worked on (whatever that means). So I will post again soon with some pictures. Unfortunately my camera will be sent back to the States for a while because it is erasing all of my pictures. No, it is not the card itself, it works fine in Andreas's camera. So the pictures may be slim for a little while, but I will try my best.

Well, as expected Sweden is dark! As a matter of fact the newspapers averaged all the sun that we received in December and it only turned out to be about 39 seconds a day. How sad is that? It is affecting everyone, including Samuel. He seems to always be tired, however, this does not stop him for going crazy and being hyper. I see him sucking his thumb a lot and playing with his hair (tell-tale signs that he is tired). I think even the Swedes are having a hard time with the darkness. We are all beginning to wonder if the sun still exists! Samuel and I have made a sun out of paint and stuck it to our window so that we have a sun. The funniest thing was when Samuel asked me, "mommy where is the sun, it is all gone now". When a three year old points that out we know it's bad.

Andreas's brother and sister-in-law have a beautiful boy named Viktor. He is truly a gorgeous baby. Johan is such the proud father! Samuel wants to play with him so badly and is obsessed with his diaper. Samuel is clearly making the distiction that babies have diapers and Samuel is a big boy so he doesn't have a diaper. The funniest thing is that he keeps telling me that Far Far (Andreas's dad) has a diaper! Just to clear that rumor, even thought Dad is 65, there is no diaper involved. However, we will laugh when Samuel says it!

I will try to get some pictures of Viktor for the next post.

Today was a bitter sweet day. We went to a going away party for my friend Darcy McGowan and family. They are moving to the States. She was one of my good friends when I lived here the first time. She kept in contact with me through the years and is now moving as I come back. Drat! I will miss her dearly. Someone made the comment at the party that Darcy "lives out loud", that is so true. I think it was a beautiful way of expressing the beautiful woman that she is. Her husband is a Brit with a great sense of humor and they have 2 daughters. Please pray for there transition to the States and our transition as she leaves the womens group. Darcy, I know you are reading this and you will be dearly missed, not forgotten, not replaced, and you had better come back to see us. Although, I haven't seen Portland, Oregon and would love to do that also!!!

The sweet part of the day was that I was able to talk with my dear friend, Lynette Sykora. She is an American, who is married to a Czech., and they live in Slovakia as missionaries. I was so excited to talk with her via instant message and soon by phone (yeah, I feel a road trip in the works). The Lord has blessed me with so many wonderful friends, the sad part is that we are scattered all over the world. (Lizet Bowen I dearly miss you too!)

Anyway, I will rap up my pity party and tell you that I am thankful for each of you. I know that the Lord provides friends where ever we are and continues friendships where ever they are. Thank you Lord for the amazing people that you bring me in contact with and the privilege of being their friend.

Good night,
Laurie

No comments: