Monday, July 02, 2012

The First of Many

This was the first transition in many for this family.  I spent the week packing the whole apartment and then yesterday cleaning it from top to bottom while Andreas took his second trip in two days to Norway to leave our stuff.  The poor kids have had to find things to occupy themselves while I could not play with them and friends definitely helped out a lot with play time and food.  

I feel like a Mac truck hit me (after all the upheaval) so today has been one of rest for me.  Andreas has been extremely kind and understand and took the kids for the most part of the day for me.  Today began our month long vacation before Andreas needs to be in Mysen.  We plan to enjoy every moment of it and are extremely thankful to God for this time to say goodbye and rest before the next transition begins.  

It is hard to say goodbye to our life in Alingsås, but as of 11:00 pm. last night we were no longer residents in the Alingsås Methodist Church. I cannot even begin to thank all the people that have meant so much to us through the almost 5 years we have been at this church.  The members have been wonderful and kind and I will miss them greatly.  The Lord has blessed me with many friends in Alingsås that I will have a hard time living without.  I am really glad to only be 3 1/2 hours away so that they are not gone from my life.  

The Alingsås Methodist Church.  This was taken in April when my mother was visiting.

It will be strange not to see the yellow and blue flag soon.  It will be replaced by the red, white and blue flag of Norway.  I like the colors....not that I am bias about my own flag or anything!

Alingsås has a floral design school and they were always making the central part of the town look amazing.  I will miss Alingsås... it is a great place to live and am thankful that I was given these years here.
Now it is time to rest and relax and then on to Norway....well the boys and I will have a week at the ocean in Grebbestad first...but I won't rub that in while Andreas is working (I promise!!)

Blessings,
Laurie

1 comment:

iaandbob said...

Laurie,
You know how excited I am that you will live in my country. And I love the red, white, and blue flag more than any other. At the same time my heart says it must be so hard to leave behind family, friends and your church. I pray that you will have a smooth transition and the language will not be too difficult for you to pick up. I will also pray for your boys and their transition. The good thing is that little kids adapt so well to any new situation, It is not the same for us older ones:)
Ia