Monday, June 18, 2012

At the Speed of Life

Hello All,

I know, I know...I told you about a house and then didn't post any pics.  They are coming...but not on this post.  We are running at a breakneck pace at the moment and things don't seem to be slowing down right now.  So I have stolen Steven Curtis Chapman's song lyric for my title because it simply seems to fit right now.  

Well as you have seen on my posts we had the final Sunday service for the Alingsås Methodist Church, we drove up to Norway and bought a house last Monday, Wednesday we had Samuel's little ceremony for the end of school and said goodbye to teachers and some friends (pictures to come), then the same day Andreas left for the annual conference in Norway. Thursday I ran Samuel to the hospital in Borås because he still had an infection in his operated ear, we received more medicine and all seems to be doing well. Then on Friday I dropped the kids off with Farmor and Farfar and headed to Norway also, for Saturday to celebrated our 15th (yes, you read that right) anniversary, then on Sunday Andreas and I flew, bussed and drove home, only to go back to Gothenburg today to attend Morfar's funeral.  The speed of life...I am emotionally and physically exhausted right now.  Somehow I need to find the energy to pack and plan a few fun things for the kids before Thursday when we head to Grebbestad and then Friday back to Mysen to sign some papers on the house.  Then we will spend the weekend at Grebbestad because it is Midsommar here.  This is when the Swedes dance around the ancient fertility symbol and sing about little green frogs (no, I am not kidding).  I find it quite amusing actually, but we don't really attend any of the festivals.  

Below I have put up some pictures of our time in Norway.  The pastors and people of the Norwegian United Methodist Church were very warm and welcoming.  They made us feel a part of the conference and even had the fun of embarrassing me by clinking their glasses on our anniversary so that we would kiss in front of them all.  Even though it was embarrassing at least I got a great kiss from the most handsome man ever!

Andreas had arranged to borrow a car on our anniversary and we drove around the area we were staying at.  The area is in North Norway and is called Skånland.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I would have named this post Norway the beautiful...but that might make a few Swedes wonder about my loyalties (he he he).  I loved the time with my amazing husband and am in love with this man even more 15 years after our wedding.

I couldn't help myself with this pic...
 The Lord has blessed me beyond measure with Andreas.  I have no doubt that the Lord delights in putting to hearts together, bound by love and devotion to Himself as well as each other.  Andreas has been romantic, wonderful, safe and steady, patient and incredibly loving with me.  He challenges me to become better and deeper in my life with Jesus and chides me out of my foul moods.  He is an amazing daddy and I love to see him with our boys.  I look forward to the next 15 years and more with this man that I have the privilege of being married to.  Thank you Jesus for putting us together and for knowing so much better than I did on choices of men!

Some of the scenery as we drove around



The color the water was amazing and clear.  Every turn brought a prettier scene.



After our drive we went back to the conference for an all you can eat shrimp fest.  Yummy!

Then a bunch of people from the conference...including Andreas and I went out to see the midnight sun.  This was as far as the sun set and then it just went back up.  Not life altering to see... but cool.  
 Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: