Monday, May 07, 2012

Little Moments

Every mother has her doubts and wonders if she is doing a good job.  As an adoptive mom of a toddler there seems to be many more things to consider.  Is he bonding?  Is he happy?  Does he understand our love?  Does he know he can come to me in time of need?  Does he feel secure?

Now, in our daily lives there are little moments that I know we have solidified as a family. I absolutely know that he is becoming a ''normal'' little boy (if any of them are truly ''normal'').  Today I had one of those moments.  Samuel and David were playing with their stuffed animals and David's teddy got ''hurt''.  Immediately David brought his crying teddy (imagine the sound effects) to me for reassurance and a kiss that seemed to solve the whole problem.  To David it was fun and normal kid play.  To me it meant that he simply knows that mommy will soothe him and kiss his hurts away.

Thank you Jesus for helping me realize these precious moments!

Laurie

No comments: